Anna Maria is a tranquil residential city which is blended with rental properties for visitors. Some visitors may forget their neighbor may have to get up early for work the next day. We have a few simple rules to allow for the peace and tranquility of residents, while allowing visitors to enjoy their vacation.
The standards used to determine if the noise a person is experiencing is a violation of the ordinance are pretty simple, and are based on common sense principles of respect.
1. The volume and intensity of the noise
2. The day of week, and time the noise occurs. Quiet time, including use of pools, is 10:00pm through 7:00am
3. Whether the nature of the noise is usual or unusual
4. The volume and intensity of any background noise
5. The proximity of the noise to other residences
6. The nature and zoning of the area from which the noise emanates
7. The nature and zoning of where the complainant is located
8. The duration of the noise
9. Whether the noise is produced by a commercial or noncommercial activity
To Report a Noise Complaint please call 941-747-3011 or 911